Thursday 5 January 2012

Happy New Year

   The start of a new year and I just found this picture from High Voltage Festival. This is a now defunct musical gathering for people who still  like Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. It seems like the perfect celebratory photo to start 2012. 

   The picture itself is of the fan club for a band called Black Label Society. I've seen tons of music photo's over the years and I've lost count of the number where someone is flipping the bird. It's a total rock and roll cliche and always leaves me cold. This one seems different. I think it must be the amount of people and the sheer joy they feel responding to the camera. I didn't ask them to react like this. They just got straight into character and gave me the sticks as one. There was no malice in any of them. If I remember rightly we were all screaming and laughing at the same time.
Black Label Society fans
    At the same festival I found these two characters. These guys are great. I was watching ZZ Top perform a blistering set when I had a look round to see what was going on behind me. There they were - loves young dream. I took about twenty shots and they never moved. I'd love to know what they were both thinking about. Safe to assume it wasn't ZZ Top.
Loves Young Dream



  

No comments:

Post a Comment